Problem zygo 2003-09-11 02:58:31: zygo- focus w/ joystick only works one direction

ericp at snf.stanford.edu ericp at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 11 02:58:32 PDT 2003

I am able to change focus only in one direction with
the joystick, not in the other direction.  I was able to
get the scan just fine by carefully focusing with the
big "tension" knob, but fine focus is difficult without the
joystick.  (You can focus coarsely in the other direction
and sneak up on the final focus with the one working
direction).  I was not at end-of-travel for the motor.