Problem zygo SNF 2011-05-19 10:21:13: Z-axis tension manual dial really tight

lindaw at snf.stanford.edu lindaw at snf.stanford.edu
Thu May 19 10:21:14 PDT 2011

The manual z-axis dial is really hard to turn.  Also, the optics at .5x with 10x objective are obscurred on the side and bottom, as if the objective was not aligned properly.  I checked that the objective alignment ring slot was aligned, and it was.  I also noticed that the objective mount is held in place with a set screw.  I suspect that this main mount may be misaligned with the optical path.