User Advisory Committee
The User Advisory Committee, or "User AdCom," is a group open to approach if you as a user of the SNF are looking for:
- Provide feedback to the lab management regarding SNF operations, from the users' perspective
- Help the lab community by championing their needs for new tools, processes, materials, etc...
- Somewhere to share community concerns you are more comfortable approaching fellow users about
Issues regarding safety, discipline, process approval, or similar topics should be broached with SNF staff first and can usually be resolved in that manner.
Examples of work the User AdCom is working to improve include:
- Conveying urgent user process needs to staff
- Strengthening the community by encouraging respectful behavior among all parties
- Improving online resources
SNF - AdCom Meetings
AdCom members meet once a month with the SNF management to provide feedback and discuss initiatives. The meeting agenda and minutes are available to all labmembers at:
Current AdCom Leadership
Contact information for senior User AdCom members:
- Aryan Hazeghi (Coral: hazeghi; Academic, Prof. Yoshio Nishi)
- J Provine (Coral: jprovine; Academic, Prof. H.-S. Philip Wong)
To contact this group, email:
Recurring AdCom Initiatives
Orientation by Users for Users
The User Adcom gives monthly orientation talks that are "by users, for users." Once a new user receives an SNF Coral ID and/or lab access, he or she must attend this talk within 3 months or lab access is revoked until this fulfillment is required. The talks are given once a month and upcoming talks are linked in the "Community" tab of this Wiki.
The goals of the talks are to:
- familiarize new users with resources that current users find useful,
- identify and encourage lab practices that show courtesy and respect among users, and
- familiarize new users with some experienced faces in the user community.
The slides presented in this talk can be found here: <Click me>