Teos2 Furnace Operation (short)
Diffusion clean with HF last
Enable the furnace on Coral
Verify Pump program running
Go to the furnace and use the STATUS button to verify that the system is in 'RUN' mode and running the “PUMP program”.
End Pump program
ALARM ACK twice
Verify the Tube is vented
Twenty minutes after the pump program has ended you must manually test that the tube is vented. Push MANUAL on the boat puller, push FAST, then LOOK AT THE TUBE while you hold down OUT. You should immediately see the boat start to come out. If it does not, stop and wait 10 more minutes and test it again.
Load your program (only after verifying manually that tube is vented)
From TYCOM type "LO <program name> <furnace#>" <RET>. You will be asked to enter the deposit time.
Load your wafers
Send in tube
ALARM ACK once
Take pressure readings during the gross leak check, leak check and the deposition steps of the program and write the values in the logbook.
ALARM ACK twice
Load pump program
Run Pump program
Measure wafers and log results
Disable the furnace on Coral.
Process Monitoring and Machine Qualification
To provide a standard procedure to monitor Poly thickness and uniformity both wafer-to-wafer and within-a-wafer.
To be completed after major maintenance such as a tube change or on a set schedule to be determined or as needed based on user feedback.
Test results are recorded on Coral.
- Use two new 'L' test wafers; <100>, P-type (boron), 10-20 ohm-cm.
- Clean at wbdiff in the following sequence; 5:1:1 H2O:H2O2:NH4OH ten minutes, rinse, 5:1:1 DI;HCl:H2O2 ten minutes, rinse, 50:1 DI:HF 30 sec, rinse, spin dry.
- Load program TEOS2STD into Teos2 furnace. This will deposit a layer of silicon dioxide onto the wafers. Time variable is 00:16:00.
- Load wafers into boats using clean (non-teflon) tweezers or vacuum wand. Load wafers with the major flat up into the boats in the following positions:
1st boat: (Front), 20 empty slots,
1st two dummies, (slots 21 & 22)
1st boat: two test wafers (slot 23 & 24),
1st boat: one dummy (slot 25)
1. Measure the thickness and index of refraction at 9 points across the wafer using woollam using Silicon Oxide (100 - 10,000 Ang)
2. Report the average thickness, standard deviation, and n at 633 nm for the wafer
Record results on the on Badger. If test’s values are not within 10% of plotted test average, contact the Diffusion Process/Maintenance team.
Save wafers in a box with the date, furnace number, program name and growth time. They may be re-tested sometime in the future.