Picture and Location
The tool is located at 78DE on the Lab Map.
Performance of the Tool
What the Tool CAN do
- Deposit doped and undoped Si, SiGe, Ge.
What the Tool CANNOT do
- Deposition thicker than 4 microns.
Contact List and How to Become a User
The following people make up the Tool Quality Circle:
- Process Staff: Maurice
- Maintenance: Ted
- Super-Users: J Provine
Training to Become a Tool User
Contact Process Staff
Operating Procedures (Quicksheet)
A. Check tube status
1. Press Do key until Main Menu is reached.
2. Use arrow keys to highlight Status Menu then press Return.
3. Use arrows keys to highlight Tube Status then press Return.
4. Type in Tube ID (3 for ThermcoPoly), then press Return.
5. System should be running STBYPOLY; in prochold; temperature 525c
B. Vent tube
1. Press START (STBYPOLY recipe ends when boat is out)
2. Load your wafers.
C. Load Recipe
1. Enable Tube.
2. Press STOP button until tube is in standby.
3. Press Do key until Main Menu is reached.
4. Use arrow keys to highlight Recipe Menu then press Return.
5. Use arrows keys to highlight Compile Recipe then press Return.
6. Type in Recipe Name (P620POLY, P620PH3, P620B2H6, P580POLY, P580PH3, P580B2H6 P550POLY, P550PH3, P550B2H6…), then press Return.
7. For Recipe Name #2, press Return.
8. For Parameter Table, press Return.
9. Use arrow keys to highlight Download Only then press Return.
10. Type in Tube ID (3 for ThermcoPoly), then press Return.
11. Recipe parameters are time and PH3 or B2H6 flow in sccm. (PH3 ranges 1 to 10, B2H6 ranges 1 to 20)
12. Type Delay Time (in the HH:MM:SS format) then press Return.
(Thermco will flash orange Recipe Compile Succeeded once recipe is loaded.)
D. Run Program
1. Press START to initiate recipe, after 10 seconds press START a second time to initiate the tube close.
2. Monitor and log the lowest base pressure, the highest leak back pressure and the pressure during deposition.
3. Wait for tube to process wafers. After deposition, the tube will ramp down to 525c and hold until you press START. The tube will vent and open (~17 min).
4. Unload your wafers after they have cooled several minutes.
5. Press STOP button until tube is in standby.
6. Compile the STBYPOLY recipe.
7. Press START to initiate tube close.
8. STBYPOLY will leakcheck tube and the stop in the process hold steo.
9. Disable tube.
10. Mute tube.
E. If Leak Check Fails
1. Put tube in standby.
2. Compile POLYOUT recipe.
3. Press START. The recipe will reset temperature, backfill and then boat out.
Boat Calibration Procedure
With tube in Standby, vented and free to move in and out
1. While pressing "enable" key, toggle "recipe" key until recipe 6 is displayed.
2. Check tube status to confirm "boat cal" recipe is loaded.
3. Press "Start" key.
Boat loader will open to limit, close completely, and then open to load position.
If boat calibration was successful tube status will go to "Complete"
4. Press "Stop" key to put system in "Standby".
5. While pressing "enable" key, toggle "recipe" key until recipe 1 is displayed.
6. Check tube status to confirm desired recipe is loaded.
Process Monitoring and Machine Qualification
Tool Qualification Run
To be completed after major maintenance such as a tube change or on a set schedule to be determined or as needed based on user feedback.
- Use two wafers with 1000A of SiO2.
- Clean at wbdiff in the following sequence; 5:1:1 H2O:H2O2:NH4OH ten minutes, rinse, 5:1:1 DI;HCl:H2O2 ten minutes, rinse, spin dry.
- Load program P580Poly into furnace. Time variable is 00:23:30.
- Load wafers into boats using very clean tweezers or vacuum wand. Load wafers with the major flat up into the boats in the following positions:
1st boat: (Front), 20 empty slots,
1st two dummies,
1st boat: two test wafers(slot 23 & 24),
1st boat: one dummy.
Use Nanospec to measure poly thickness at the flat, center, bottom, left and right on each wafer. Test sites should be no more than about 15mm from the edge of the wafer.
Record results on the on coral.
Machine Status States
Process Monitoring Results