Quick Start for MRC
Quick starts are a condensed version of the more detailed and verbose Operating Instructions. The user of the tool is responsible for having read and understood the Operating Instructions.
MRC Quick Start Instructions
Enable mrc on BADGER.
Pump down the
Run a set-up
When etch is
system in Stand-by mode.
Check Stand-by Conditions:
Condition: The chamber should be
- Power, Mechanical Pump and Hi Vac red buttons
should be on.
- Manometer Isolation valve is closed
- Rough Valve should be closed (red) and Foreline
Valve should be open (green).
- Gas Inlet toggle should be closed.
- Gate Valve is closed.
Vent the chamber:
- Open the Vent valve.
- Check the desired gases are in the open
position at the back of the etcher.
If not you will need to switch the valve to the Closed position
and drain the gas before opening the correct gas.
- Chamber is vented when there is a gap under the
Pump Down the Chamber:
- Close Vent valve.
- Toggle Foreline Valve to the off position (red). Wait 15 secs (important!)
- Toggle Roughing Valve to open and wait until
the roughing gauge shows less than 100mT.
- Toggle Roughing Valve to off and wait 15 secs.
(important!). Open Foreline
- Open Manometer Isolation valve.
- Slowly open Gate Valve (important!) Wait 2 mins to reach base pressure.
Run a Set-up Etch:
- Open Gas Inlet Toggle switch.
- Turn on the desired gases by switching from Off
to Auto on the mass flow controllers located in the front panel. Adjust
- Adjust chamber pressure by closing the gate
- Turn on RF power by using the AC line switch and
adjust to correct power
- Move the Meter Select switch to Reverse. Tune RF using Input Tune and Load
- Time the etch manually.
When Etch is Complete
- Turn RF power to 0 and switch the AC line
- Turn gas flows to 0 and wait for flow to reach
0. Switch from Auto to Off.
- Turn Gas Inlet off.
- Close the gate valve.
- Close the manometer Isolation Valve.
- Vent the chamber- see Section 2.
- To etch more samples go through the steps in Sections
3 and 4.
Go to Stand-by and
- When last etch is complete Vent the chamber and
- Put the tool in stand-by by performing Steps
10-13 in Section 3.
- Do not open the manometer Isolation Valve.
- Do not open the Gate Valve.
- Etcher’s state should match Stan-by conditions
in Section 1.
- Disable mrc in BADGER.