IntlVac Nanochrome I Evaporator, intlvac_evap, Automatic
Picture and Location
The tool is located at E56 on the Lab Map.
Clean and Semi-Clean only, no gold category processing is allowed. If you have any questions regarding the use of the system, make sure to ask prior to loading your samples.
Performance of the Tool
What the Tool CAN do
- Qualified sources are: Cr, Al, Ti and Pt
- Sources provided by the SNF in future: Al, Co, Cr, Ge, Hf, Mo, Nb, Ni, Pd, Pt, Si, Ta, Ti, V, W and Zr.
- All sources must be weighted before and after use and material usage charges may apply.
What the Tool CANNOT do
Contact List and How to Become a User
The following people make up the Tool Quality Circle:
- Process Staff: Mahnaz Mansourpour
- Maintenance: Jim Haydon
Training to Become a Tool User
Contact Mahnaz Mansourpour for training. Training is a two part training. The first is an orientation to the system and the second is observation of your first runs. Once you have successfully completed all aspects of the training, you will be given a personal log-in account on the system.
INTLVAC AUTOMATIC EVAPORATOR INSTRUCTION
tool on Badger, intlvac_evap
1) On main screen, hit “login” and log In with your ID and password.
2) Make sure main screen is in auto mode (select “auto”). On bottom of screen, hit “vent” to start venting. Whenever venting, stay by the machine, since the door swings open when it is done.
It takes about 4 minutes +/-.
3) Crystal check, On SQC-310, main menu ( hit twice), Sensor info life should be above 85%.
All Metals and material are to be measured before and after deposition.
4) Change your gloves
5) Inspect the chamber
6) Inspect the shutter using a mirror or a wafer.
7) With clean gloves remove top wafer holder, place on clean wipes, on the cart next to the tool. Unload the dummy wafers and put in the box that has been designated for INTLVAC dummies. Load your wafers,. The plate is numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 all wafer slots require some type of wafers.
Install wafer holder back into machine.
Prior to loading sources, check correct material/metal position that is posted on the front of the bell jar. Recipes have been written with designated film/crucible slot.
8) On MDC EV-CI Indexer, make sure left-most toggle in up position in manual mode, and toggle CW or CCW to go to every pocket that you plan to evaporate, and make sure there is both a metal in that pocket and that it is the correct metal.
Make sure that the pockets are centered, if not this is huge issue, shut down the tool.
9) This is time to add pallets to your target if the height is low.
10) Close door gently and close the top and bottom flaps. On the main screen, select “pump.”
11) Within 10 seconds both arms will drop. If it does not something is wrong and you'll have to vent and try again. Notify maintenance if it continues to fail.
1) Ensure pressure is below 5e-7. Typically two hours. You may have to re-login if timer has timed out.
2) If timer time out and you have not reached the base pressure, Log in again and hit pump again.
a) Move two white switches on very bottom to the up position. This is already on
b) If for any reason the power on main panel is not on, you need to .... On second bank of switches above bottom white switches, turn on “main power” by turning key to “on” position, and then hitting the green “on” button.
c) All 4 lights on high voltage should be green
d) All 4 lights on Emission Current unit should be green
All 8 lights should be green as above picture shows.
1) On main screen, while in Auto, press Profile (top left corner)
2) Verify that the column status rotation and source 1 e-beam are lite; all others are off (not lite). For deposition only.
3) On top left corner, press chamber to go back to Main Screen.
4) If the system in idle, pump for one minute, this will activate the start profile.
5) Press up Load (this saves whatever is on in the Profile-dep-only.
6) Press Start Profile (you will hear the wafer holder rotate).
7) On the SQC-310 is the “Deposition Controller” to select desired recipe.
8) Select the “next menu” button until you see the button for “auto/manual”. It should be already set “auto/manual” if not press until the order is “auto/manual” is visible.
a. Select “next menu” until the menu contains “process menu,” and select it.
9) Use the scroll bar to select the correct metal recipe and press edit.
10) Edit only the initial rate (rate of deposition) and the final thickness (total thickness deposited). (Due to delay in shutter, the final thickness is always slightly high > 10 to 50A thicker than expected) on the display.
11) Select “to main” to go back to main menu.
12) Press up load again
12) Repeat steps 6-11 for every metal layer that you plan to evaporate.
13) Repeat steps 6-11 for every metal layer that you plan to evaporate.
- In Auto mode, make sure that the MDC EV-CI toggle is in Auto position.
- Use scroll knob to choose correct metal, and press “Select” (SOC-310 deposition Controller).
- Press the Sweep (RED to Green on Sweep Controller)
- Press the button, (Green) start on the SQC-310. If the button is red, press it so that it resets itself and it will turn green so you press start again.
- Watching the SQC-310 screen assuring power,
dep. rate, dev % , etc . are preforming.
Correctly, and log information into the logbook. Monitoring e-beam through the viewport to insuring the metal heats up, and that the beam is in the center. If not press “STOP” and contact super user/ staff. You need to stay next to the system till evaporation is done.
- After layer is done press Stop and repeat steps from page 1, step 7 to 12 and page 2, steps 1-5.
Turn sweep off
Pump the system for 1 minute. Go to SQC-310
Start—Stop, hit next menu till you see RESET button, RESET it.
Start from step 2 of the program Metals
1) When done processing all metal depositions, press Process Adv. Button (Large Green button)
waits 10 minutes for sources to cool.
2) After the cool down, press “Process Advance” button (Large Green button) in the center. This will start venting the chamber. (~`four minutes)
3) Door will slightly open once vented
4) With clean gloves remove wafer holder and place on clean wipes. Replace your wafers with 4 clean dummies back in the slots. Load wafer holder back into the machine.
5) Check the system and vacuum it if needed. The hose for this system is yellow with a black nozzle tip that has a semi clean tag on it ( should not be dropped on the floor). The hose is on the left side of the
6) Close door gently and close the top and bottom flaps. On the main screen, select “pump.”
7) Stay with machine until cross-over is achieved.
8) Measure final weight of your sources.
9) Log-off and disable, entering the beginning and final weight of metals used in badger.
Main Screen in Auto Mode:
Process Monitoring and Machine Qualification
Tool Qualification Run
Recommendation to users with critical processes
Machine Status States