SVG Develop Tracks, svgdev/svgdev2
Picture and Location
This tool is located at EF3 on the Lab Map.
The svgdev appears in "All" three equipment groups (clean, semiclean, and gold) as part of the litho & analytical tools set.
Performance of the Tool
What the Tool CAN do
Automated, single-wafer track system.
- 4 inch wafers only
Dispenses developer MF-26A (2%TMAH, base)
Selectable programs at the spinner and the bake oven.
How to Become a User
- "All Litho" is required before training on any of the lithography tools. Contact the trainers for the class schedule and training materials (which must be reviewed before the class). If no training hours are indicated, training for the tool is covered in the "All Litho" session.
- Print the SNF Shadowing Form and on clean room paper and contact
a qualified user of the wet bench to
arrange to ‘shadow’ them while they use the tool. You are responsible to be with that
labmember for the full time they are operating the tool, and it would be
intelligent to ask questions and try to become as familiar as possible
with the wet bench during this ‘shadowing.’
You may have to shadow the qualified user more than
one time. The qualified user and you will have to sign the SNF Shadowing Form.
- Contact SNF training contact on the Equipment Summary page.
Special Notes or Restrictions:
- 4 inch wafers only.
- Don't change the temperature of the bake station.
- Two tracks available.
- Labmembers are not allowed to make reservations on Badger. SNF staff reserves the tool for training or maintenance.
Safety - Alarms
The developer (base) drains into the general lab acid waste neutralization (AWN) system. The system may be used only when the AWN is functioning. When there is a problem with the AWN, the yellow light (above wbfexcorr-1 or wbnonmetal) will flash. When the AWN warning system is flashing, no processing at the SVG developer tracks is allowed.
- Enable "svgdev" for back track or "svgdev2" for front track
- Before Developing:
- Check the developer level of MF-26A.
- follow the written instructions next to the canister in the fingerwall behind the SVG developer tracks
- Check the
temperature of the hotplate
- Always at 110°C (DO NOT change the temperature)
- Select track one (back) or two (front)
- Select program
- Press "station select" if necessary
- The star indicates which station is active
- Press the number and press "program
select" or just press "program
select" until it gets to the number you want to use.
Check Rules for Operating svgdev for complete list of develop and bake programs.
Don't change the standard programs, develop programs 1 or 8 are not standard programs and may be changed.
- Check the selected programs are correct
- Verify that each event is correct (see program
- Press "event select" to step to the next event
- DO NOT CHANGE the standard programs!
- To edit an incorrect event:
- Turn the key from "lock" to "program"
- Enter the number and press on the operation button
- i.e. for a speed of 500 - press "5" press "0" press "0" press "speed"
- verify that it is correct
- Turn the key from "program" to "lock"
- Verify that each event is correct (see program list)
- Check the developer level of MF-26A.
- Place wafers in black metal cassette and
put the cassette on the load station.
- Place an empty metal cassette at the unload
- If the cassette is down, push "index reset" to raise it up
- If a cassette is already present, tilt it for reset, otherwise the machine will not know it is there and will not move wafers from the cool plate to the cassette.
- Run one dummy wafer before you load your process wafers.
- NEVER PUT WAFERS RESIST SIDE DOWN
on a hotplate.
- Either develop them in manual mode using only the developer station ONLY
- OR select a program number on the bake station that has the first event "END". This will bypass these stations in AUTO mode.
- Place an empty metal cassette at the unload station.
- Check that run mode is AUTO
- Press "START"
- Don't leave the system while the wafers are running.
- The system transfers the bottom wafers from the load cassette into the first slot at the unload station.
- Wait until all wafers are in the receiving cassette.
- To raise cassette, press Index Reset button.
- Remove cassette from unload station, load the dummy wafers back in the SVG dev dummy wafer box and your wafers in your box.
- Disable "svgdev" or "svgdev2"
Basic Operational Trouble Shooting
The following list contains some of the common problems that occur in the operation of the SVG developer:
|one and/or two alarms will sound.||push clear button, you may need to push START.|
|both stations will not load wafers, cassette lowers but belts do not turn on||add the correct developer to the correct developer tank (in finger wall).|
|belts spinning, alarm sounding, no movement of wafer.||this usually happens when wafer is stuck in cassette, push the wafer with tweezers to advance it on belt.|