Picture and Location
The tool is located at FG2 on the Lab Map.
The 90ºC Oven appears in all three equipment groups (clean, semiclean, and gold) as part of the litho & analytical tools set.
Performance of the ToolThis oven is the 90°C prebake oven. It is used to bake wafers after resist coating.
How to Become a User
- "All Litho" is required before training
on any of the lithography tools. Contact the trainers for
schedule and training materials (which must be reviewed
- Read all material on the SNF website concerning this tool, including Background, Process Capabilities, Operating Procedures and Process Monitoring.
- Contact SNF training contact on the Equipment Summary page.
This oven is the 90°C prebake oven. It is used to bake wafers after coating.
1 minute on a hotplate at 90°C is equal to 25 minutes bake time at 90°C in the prebake oven. It can be used instead of the svgcoat hotplate, if you have resist on both sides of the wafers or if you are processing wafers on the Headway and want to do a batch bake instead of one at a time on the hotplate. This oven has a platform with an exhaust hood (especially useful when putting wafers with thick resist in and out of the oven -- bring them to the platform boxed.
Don’t change the temperature, it should be 90ºC.
The power stays on all the time, don't turn it off.
Check for maintenance signs.
No reservation is necessary.
Use only the Teflon cassettes with one brown button! (Never use the plastic storage cassettes!)
There are 3“ and 4” Teflon cassettes in blue boxes on top of the
- Open the box and pull out the Teflon cassette near the back of the platform to prevent fumes from getting into the room air. Place the Teflon cassette in the oven and close the door.
- Leave wafers in the oven for 25 minutes, use your own timer, don't use the timer at the oven.
- Remove the Teflon cassette using a heat resistant glove!
- Close the oven door properly!