This folder contains process modules about dry (or plasma) etching of various materials such as oxide, polysilicon, Al, photoresist (including descum) etc.
- Si and Polysilicon Etching at SNF
- This folder contains and overview of tools and processes for plasma etching of Silicon, Polysilicon and Amorphous silicon.
- Silicon Dioxide Etching at SNF
- This folder contains and overview of tools and process for plasma etching of thermally grown and deposited Silicon Dioxide.
- Silicon Nitride Etching at SNF
- This folder contains and overview of tools and processes for plasma etching of Silicon Nitride.
- Resist stripping (including descum and polymer removal)
- This folder includes process modules about resist stripping and polymer removal including descum where appropriate.
- ASML Zero Level (Global) Target Marks
- Several tools at SNF can be used to etch 120nm of Si to create the targets for alignment.
- Using Crystalbond in Plasma Etchers
- Crystalbond wash-away adhesive is used to temporarily bond wafers or pieces of wafers to a carrier wafer for etching. Materials are attached while the Crystalbond is heated and detaching is achieved by heating the samples. Samples may then be soaked or sprayed with acetone to remove any residual Crystalbond. It has good thermal properties making it a good bonding material for etchers with back side gas cooling. Please Note; Crystalbond may only be used with full wafers. It should not be exposed to the plasma.