Other Lab FAQ's
Visitor Policy for Labs
Labmembers may bring visitors into the labs to observe work. The purpose of the visit should be consistent with the research and education mission of the University. The visitor must be over 18 and may not operate equipment. The labmember host must escort the visitor at all times, is responsible for their safety, and ensures the work of others is not disrupted. An SNF staff member must approve the visit.
The labmember host, the visitor, and an SNF staff member must sign the SNF Visitor Form prior to visit. Submit the completed form to email@example.com.
Labmembership will be canceled if and when safety certification lapses. A labmember's certification expires when:
- Labmember has completed Lab Orientation & Safety training but not used the lab (i.e., incurred equipment charges) within six months.
- It has been more than one year since the last use of the lab (i.e., incurring equipment charges).
In these cases, labmembers wishing to be rejoin must repeat the Lab Orientation & Safety to update their certification. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to refresh certification.
Photography & Videography
Filming and photography in SNF for broadcast, reporting, or posting in any non-Stanford forum by any non-Stanford agency (commercial or non-commercial) must abide by policies at ucomm.stanford.edu. As such, parties requesting filming or photography must acknowledge these policies and have prior approval from SNF staff, using this form:
Note that filming and photography for personal use in a non-public forum are not covered in this SNF policy.
- Filming/photography must not interfere with ongoing lab operations.
- Visitors performing filming or photography must be escorted by an SNF staff member.
- All visitors must acknowledge/sign the SNF visitors form.
- Stanford images (the seal, tree logo, and any identifiable University landmarks) must not appear without express permission from University Communications.
- Permission must be obtained for filming or photography of any identifiable individuals not associated with filming/photography.
- Media use of images derived from SNF lab spaces must not be represented as belonging to organizations other than Stanford.
- The agency or labmember sponsor will provide copies of, or links or references to, the articles or other news media making use of images or video taken at SNF.